Drywall is the most important part of the construction. It also acts as a foundation to hold paint or wallpaper. Drywall is otherwise known as sheetrock, rock, and wallboard.
Installing drywall can be quite tricky if you don't have a basic knowledge about it. Some people prefer to install the drywall themselves and call up the professionals for the taping work. There are numerous installers. You can get the best services of Drywall insulation, drywall tapping, stud framing and drop ceiling in Toronto.
Image Source: Google
Whether you need a pro for the installation or are doing the whole installation process yourself, you need to know the fundamentals of installing drywall.
Fixing the drywall:
Every drywall should be supported by a strapping piece or a joist.
- Apply a bead of adhesive glue on the strapping piece.
- Drive 6 screws in the middle of the straight line. The screws should be equidistant from each other.
- Don't drive the screw too deep as it can damage the drywall.
- Always finish the ceilings first before doing the walls.
- Apply the same procedure for the walls. First, apply the adhesive glue on the strapping piece or joist, place the drive screws through the middle.
Mudding and taping:
- To hide the nails, apply a coat of drywall compound over the seams. The consistency must be that of sour curd. With a taping knife, smooth out the compound to get an even application.
- Next, use drywall tape to cover all the compound mud. Use a putty knife to flatten the tape. Make sure there are no air bubbles. Wipe out the extra mud.